Looking for beautiful destinations in Singapore for your wedding photoshoot? Here are some of the best ideas!
- Hort Park
One of the hot favorite of couples in Singapore, Hort Park is often used as both a pre-wedding photoshoot location as well as an actual day wedding ceremony location. I cannot type this post without mentioning the beautiful and famous Hort Park in Singapore.
What may sound like an industrial zone is actually a beautiful and less known place for couples to take their wedding photos at. With vast plains with nearly no buildings in sight, Tuas is an amazing location for a quiet and peaceful photo shoot. Just make sure you get a photographer with a car, have a car yourself or rent a car for the day as it can be very inconvenient to go to Tuas for your wedding photography session in Singapore.
Why travel to Hawaii? Your flight to Hawaii from Singapore would take at least 18 hours, and perhaps one flight change. Sentosa offers similar views (though to be honest the weather is not as appealing as that in Hawaii). However, your main criteria for a good wedding photoshoot location is not the weather, but the looks of it. Sentosa looks just like Hawaii. With posh houses, luxurious yachts and powerful sports cars moving all around the island of Sentosa in Singapore, it is just like a rich version of Hawaii. If you prefer the serene nature or beach, then head over to Siloso beach to get the ‘true’ Hawaii feeling for your wedding photos!
- Gardens by the Bay
This is actually preferred by foreigners rather than people living in Singapore already. People who work in the Central Business District in Singapore probably drive pass Gardens by the Bay every single day, so it looks so plain and boring. However, it’s a unique man made site which looks out of this world to many foreigners who flock to Singapore to take photographs at this place in Singapore. It’s a beautiful place nonetheless and one you should definitely consider having your pre-wedding photography taken at.
- Fullerton Hotel
With a rustic colonial building as your backdrop, your wedding photographs will be able to look stunning. If you want even more stunning photographs, just check out Fullerton hotel’s interior! Many rich couples in Singapore hold their wedding dinner at Fullerton Hotel due to its sheer grandeur. It’s a grand location for those with deep pockets and an even deeper bank account if you want to hold your actual day wedding ceremony in there. If you want to save money but still enjoy Fullerton Hotel, then simply go there for your pre-wedding photoshoot.
If you need a good photographer to help you take beautiful wedding images, click here. I have linked you to Grandeur Wedding Studio, one of the fastest uprising wedding studios in Singapore with top photographers in Singapore.
Every bride and groom wants to look perfect in their wedding photographs. However, as you might already have noticed, not everyone looks amazing in their wedding photographs. This is because they think that photoshop can cure all eye bags or that the perfect lighting will make their skin look good or that having the right fitted suit and wedding gown will automatically help them look sexy. Life doesn’t work that way. You still need to put in effort if you want to guarantee that the photographs of you and your spouse looks good.
Here are some effective and practical tips which you can put to use right away to start looking better for your wedding photo shoot.
- Always drink lots of water. Most people in Singapore barely drink enough water, and that results in dehydration and you get pimples more often as a result too. Do you want to have to use a concealer when taking your wedding photo or would you rather simply look gorgeous naturally? Trust me, even if you put on make up, you would still look better if you did not had a zit underneath all that make up and photo shop of your wedding photograph!
- Always get enough rest and sleep. I know you may love your job. I know you may love partying. Many people love to work a lot and party a lot in Singapore. However, continue doing that at your own risk – especially if your wedding photoshoot is coming up. I highly recommend that for the 3 months before your wedding photoshoot (yes it may sound extreme but it works) that you start getting sufficient rest. Most people look their best and reduce their eye bags and dark eye circles most when they rest for 7.5 to 8.5 hours per night. It’s the perfect time where you feel rested and look good. Sleep too little and you’ll look tired, and sleep too much and you’ll potentially get eye bags. (yes sleeping too much will make you look bad too).
- Work out! There is no shortcut to looking sexy in your wedding gown or your spouse’s suit. You and your spouse need to work out if you want to truly look amazing. No amount of professional help will make you look as good as if you had worked out regularly and well. When you have a great body, you look great in your wedding gown and your spouse in his suit, and you would find it super easy to look great in your wedding photographs as a result.
To look good in your wedding photographs really requires two main things. First of all, you need to put in effort into your own appearance. Number two, you need to engage a good wedding photography studio in Singapore ie.. http://www.grandeurweddingstudio.com/photography-singapore/. Or, you could also check out this list of photographers in Singapore to find one that you like too: http://theweddingvowsg.com/2015/05/top-10-wedding-photographers-in-singapore/.
Alright, hopefully the above tips will help you out. Make sure to apply them, otherwise all of the above tips would be useless in helping you!!!!!!
Whether you are looking to have your pre-wedding images or actual day wedding photography in Singapore, you’re bound to notice that the wedding photography taken in Singapore look very unique. Here are 10 special things which you may not yet know about wedding photographs taken in Singapore.
- It takes a talented photographer to help you take images in Singapore. This is because unlike countries where the population is sparse, nearly every photograph would have people in the background (photobombing). However, if you were to look at the wedding photos taken by true professional studios in Singapore, there are nobody in the background. It’s very hard to wait for nobody to be in the intended photograph’s background, and then snap it at that exact moment and have it look great. There’s only a split second for the photographer to do that and it takes a talented wedding photographer to achieve this remarkable goal.
- Many people who want nature photographs as their back drop fly to neighbouring countries such as Vietnam for their pre-wedding photoshoot. However, that’s a waste of money and time unless you were already intending to visit that country as a holiday trip. This is because there are places in Singapore which can help you get the same result! Places such as Upper Seletar Reservoir and Hort park are beautiful examples where you can have your pre-wedding photo shoot in Singapore but have it look like it was taken in another country with lots of Mother Nature!
- You can have photographs taken at many different locations in Singapore all within the same photo shoot day. This saves you time and money. This is largely because Singapore is small and it’s relatively easy to travel around with a car or by taking a taxi.
- You get to choose having urban or rural areas as your photoshoot location. This is something which is available in very few countries, as most countries have very large cities, and to truly find a rural place, you need to travel for hours at least by car, or even by plane! If you were to opt having your pre-wedding photography in Singapore, that’s no longer a valid worry.
- Last but not least, if you have your actual day wedding photography in Singapore as well, then what you’re going to notice is that the photographs taken would be at various different locations throughout Singapore (e.g. at the bride and groom’s parents’ houses in the morning and a hotel / restaurant in the evening for the banquet). This is different from weddings in other countries like America where the morning tea party and evening banquet is usually held at the same location.
Finally, always make sure to go with a good wedding photographer or studio like Grandeur Wedding Studio or Mindy Tan Weddings if you want your wedding photography experience in Singapore to be as pleasantly memorable as your wedding.